Both of the people who nominated me are lovely bloggers with lovely blogs, and I highly recommend checking their blogs out (and following them)!
1. Which are you more prone to fall in love with: fantasy or reality? Why?
I don’t know. I suppose fantasy in some ways, because it can be more bewitching and malleable than reality. But in reality, there are beautiful things sometimes– like family, books, and all those baked goods. (And you can actually eat the baked goods rather than just imagining eating them.)
2. What is your element? (Fire, water, wind, earth, electricity, etc.) Why?
I’d say æther, because it’s from ancient science and has an ash. (The æ thingy is called an ash.) Ashes are cool, and what’s not to like about them? Or, alternatively, what’s not to like about the æsc?
3. Would you rather have the power of invisibility, or be able to fly? Why?
I have a weird thing about superpowers– I don’t want one. At all. I mean, what if I was stuck by accident and could never de-invisibilify myself? (Come on, that’s a word.) Or what if teleportation goes horribly wrong?
If I had to choose, though, I’d pick flying. I don’t particularly want to be able to fly, BUT out of all the superpowers, even though I only have two options in this case, it seems least risky to me.
4. What is the weirdest memory you can recall?
I don’t know if this is the weirdest, but one day when I went to school (I was in second grade, I think?) I told all of my friends about some weird thing that had happened at my house a few days before that. (I don’t remember what the weird thing was, but I do remember it was really weird.) Later, when my mom picked me up early to take me to a doctor’s appointment, I mentioned the thing to her and my older brother, who was also in the car. Neither of them had any clue about what I was talking about, which means that I either unconsciously made it up, or that I dreamed it and thought it was real.
5. What is the weirdest dream you can recall?
There was that one time that I was sitting on a giant doughnut, watching a T-Rex stomp around at the zoo, and there were these wooden steps up to the top of the doughnut, which my neighbors’ dogs were sitting on. That was an… interesting dream.
6. If you were to fall down a rabbit hole, where do you hope it would spit you out?
In a nice little house that I would be all alone in, although I wouldn’t mind the presence of a snake or a hedgehog. Okay, let’s say there’s a friendly snake or hedgehog.
The house wouldn’t be just any normal house, though. It would be built of durable hardbacks, and inside, all of the walls would be stuffed bookshelves. There would be a kitchen with lots of baking necessities like flour, sugar, and bowls, and cozy nooks scattered all over the house to curl up in. There would also be a basement packed with chocolate to eat, if I didn’t feel like baking.
7. Do you have a muse? If so, describe him/her. If not, post a picture of the object closest to your left. (Why, yes, we are turning this into some strange game. What were you expecting?)
All I can think of is one of the Greek muses. However, I don’t have a camera or a phone right now, so I’ll just describe it: to my left are a textbook and folder for school sitting on top of a folded blanket. There’s an empty embroidery hoop balanced precariously on the edge of the textbook, and a needle that’s also balanced precariously that I should probably really remember to move.
8. Name a book that made you feel like you were walking on sunshine (WOOOOOOOAAAAAH!)
Books that I like tend to make me unhappy when bad things happen, and usually bad things happen… a really pretty notebook wouldn’t count, would it?
OH OH I KNOW! Winnie-the-Pooh! *facepalm* I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner.
9. Which would you rather become famous for: a bank robbery or a murder? (I’m running out of questions, guys…)
Would I be the murderer or be the murder victim?
Definitely a bank robbery. It would not have the possibility of my death, for one. Maybe I could just be a clerk who STOPS the robbery and also doesn’t get harmed? Or I would be robbing the bank for money to donate to a charity? (I’m trying to make this into a better situation here, people.)
10. If you could make one of your fictional characters real (completely visible to the entire world, even) which one would it be? Oh, and don’t forget that whatever you write about them actually comes true. In real life. (Duhn duhn DUHN!)
Definitely not Margreth. (She’s a dragon. Who steals and kidnaps and all that. There’d be a media outrage.
Yes, she sounds like the stereotypical dragon. Except for the “media outrage” part, that is. But that would happen if she came here.) She’d be hunted down and killed, which… would not be good.
I suppose Kezia could get along without accidentally destroying our world, although I couldn’t trust Embeth on that point. Besides, would I want to bring in a character just to have them get kidnapped? That’s no fun.
Let’s go with Kezia. The rest of the characters from my 2015 NaNo, including Margreth and Embeth, would all accidentally cause huge catastrophes OR be completely boring after going to all of the bother to get them to be real.
I haven’t written about those characters in so long, and it feels so strange to type their names…
11. Would you rather die fighting for what is right, or live knowing you let innocents perish?
The first one. But preferably painlessly and during sleep or something like that. (I mean, I could be part of a rebellion and someone could feed me poison, right?? I don’t need to be bloodily gutted on the battlefield to die fighting for what is right. Because that would be super painful.)
I’m tagging the same people from the last post, so:
- Morgan @ Studies in Character
- Fin @ Spiel
- Lana @ The Music of Words
- Astro @ The Language of Dreamers
- Katie @ Speckled Constellations
- Solaice @ Oh Solace
- queenmelaniemerker @ Inky Constellations
- Elizabeth and Clare @ Lily
- Hannah @ Utterly Write
- Sarah Briel @ Penumbra Reviews
- Kellyn Roth @ Reveries
…as well as anyone else who wants to do this tag!
Questions for Tagged People (again, same as from Part I):
- Do you have a pet? If so, describe them.
- What’s your favorite type of tree?
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
- What’s your favorite genre to write?
- If you write, do you prefer to compose on paper or a computer?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Is it snowing, as you answer this?
- What’s your favorite type of music?
- Do you knit or crochet?
- What is a very popular/highly acclaimed book or movie that you just couldn’t like?
- Have you ever had Turkish Delight? (I haven’t, sadly…)
Thanks for tagging me, Kenzie! I really enjoyed answering these questions.
Do you guys like ashes? Would you be terrified about the real world wrecking your fictional characters, or vice versa? Do you agree that Winnie-the-Pooh is one of the best things ever?