For some reason I feel like saying y’all, though I don’t know if I’ve ever said it in my life. So hello, y’all!
I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions, or at least, I don’t recall making them. I could very easily lose the piece of paper that they’re scribbled on in January, so instead I’m going to put them here. A few are applicable to this blog, after all. (Ignore the fact that it’s already the 4th. Time flies.)
I’ve divided my goals up into four sections–blogging, writing, reading, and life.
- Post at least once a week, most weeks. (Preferably twice a week.) Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging, but hopefully it won’t too much. I’ll be posting on Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Get some sort of camera to take nice photos for recipe posts. I want to post more recipes, buuut I also would prefer better quality photos. Which basically means I need to buy a camera.
- Reach 50 followers. *crosses fingers*
- Write a decent amount of poetry. I’m leaving the definition of “decent” up to future me. But yes, I’d like to write a decent amount of decent poetry.
- Finish the first draft of a novel. I’ve never done this. And by “finish the first draft of a novel,” I mean the entire novel.
Yikes, I’ve never written an ending…It can be Arevik, Dragon Story (I reeaally need to rename that one), or a new project altogether.
- Write some short stories. I know I’m going to do this, since I’m working on (correction: attempting to work on) some short stories at the moment. However, I’d like to write some other ones as well.
- Win NaNoWriMo. I’ve done it two years in a row, so I want to keep my streak up!
- Read The Lord of the Rings. Preferably the rest of the series, too. I’ve never read these, and I really want to.
- Read something by Brandon Sanderson. He’s supposed to be a great author, and I can get his books from the library… so why not?
- Read Les Miserables. I don’t really have any comments about this?
- Interrupt people less. I don’t think they notice it as much as I do, and it’s unintentional, but I’d like to work on that.
- Walk my dog more often, and on longer walks. Currently the person who walks her the most is my mom, and I could definitely chip in more.
- Bake new things and experiment with recipes. I think I’ve been pretty successful in my baking so far, particularly in the pie department (is it weird that making cakes makes me nervous?) but I’d like to learn more and mess around with the rules a little.
- And become more comfortable baking cakes. Maybe I’ll get this done? I mean, I can bake a cake, but I would like to know my way around one better.
- Sew some more. I don’t know when I’ll do this, but I’d like to do it.
- Knit socks. I don’t know why I want to do this, but I do. So I’ll try.
- Improve homemade soaps. If I work on it, I wonder where I’ll be next year and what I’ll have made?
- Try to journal. I’ve always wanted to keep a journal, and I love reading over my old ones (which only ever last a few pages, sadly) but I can’t seem to be friends with the one that I attempt at the time. I’m going to give it one more good try, and see if I can.
- Walk 1000 miles on the treadmill.
I just picked a large number, eep.I guess you’ll see how this goes, next year? I don’t know if I can do it, but I can try. It helps that my family has a treadmill.
- Read the Bible more often. I read it occasionally, but I should read it more. I also want to learn more about Orthodox theology, since I’ve become more interested in it.
Do any of you guys have New Year’s Resolutions? Have any of you read or tried to read Les Miserables? What about Lord of the Rings? Do you ever actually complete your resolutions?